Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Thankful in Gold


Today as I type this, my husband is outside painting our house (navy blue!  taking a chance!) and the leaves are falling all around.  At times it almost sounds like it is raining.  I had to put on a long sleeve shirt because it was cooler than I thought!  It's definitely (finally) feeling like Fall in Kansas!

So what is more appropriate on a day like today than a Fall card, right?

Jen Carter So Thankful Gold White 3 wm

This one is so incredibly simple but I really like it & it's going to a special person.  

I used one of the Lil' Inker Designs stitched Leaf Love Dies to cut out the leaf shape.  I stamped the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set Leafy Greetings in Versamark Ink & then embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I covered the end of the stem in the VersaMark ink and dipped it in the gold embossing powder.

Jen Carter So Thankful Gold White 2 wm

To finish the card off I used a piece of gold striped metallic paper and added a piece of Gold Shimmer Twine around the bottom.

I'm entering this card in the SSS: Monday Challenge Throwback.  I am using the Autumn is in the Air challenge from Oct 5th.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Leafy Greetings
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Leaf Love Dies
Twine: Twinery Gold Shimmer
Paper: My Mind's Eye Christmas on Market Street

3 comments:

Lori Craig said...

This *SO* beautiful. I need get some new gold embossing powder. Mine has oxidized...

Annette Allen said...

loving all the gold.. gorgeous card..

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful CAS design with the lovely stripe along the side and the yummy gold embossing! Thanks for joining us this week in the Throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...