Thursday, October 15, 2015

Happy Boss's Day


Hey everyone!  I hope everyone is enjoying the Fall weather!  It has been beautiful here but like it is in Kansas, it is up and down temperature wise a lot. My daughter and I have a little bit of a struggle some mornings on clothing choices because while it may be warmer in the afternoon, mornings can be quite cool.  She sure has her own mind on what she wants to wear!  Do you have that at your house? :)

In the office we celebrated Boss's day a little early since we have Friday off at school.  I was privileged to make the card for this occasion that I put together last week.  The cake that was being made was going to be Fall themed with leaves and so I made a "Fallish", of sorts, card to go along with the theme.  For some reason though, I doubt very much that the leaves on the cake will be pink, lol!

Jen Carter Boss's Day Celebrate Shaker front

I started by creating the dark brown & white striped piece by using one of the fun new leaf shape dies from Lil' Inker Designs called Leaf Love.  Oh how I LOVE the shape of this leaf!

Jen Carter Boss's Day Celebrate Shaker Closeup

After I attached the transparent paper to the back of the leaf piece and filled it with fall colored sequins, I backed it with a piece of patterned paper slightly larger than the leaf panel. I tied the entire panel with some antique thread.

Jen Carter Boss's Day Celebrate Shaker

The sentiment is so pretty and comes from the Just Sayin' Stamps.  I embossed it with Brown Sugar Zing Embossing Powder.   The whole panel is attached to the word patterned paper panel that I cut out with the Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Rectangles die.

Thanks for visiting today!

 

 Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Rectangles die


Supplies
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Just Sayin' Stamps
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Leaf Love, Stitched Mats Dual Stitched Rectangles
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye My Story
Cardstock: PTI Kraft
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh, Cartwrights

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful! Love the layers! Thanks for the reminder about boss's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...